1) It’s been found that the optimum number of posts per day on your fan or business page is 1 to 2 and literally that more than that (i.e. 3) drops user engagement (likes, comments) by up to 40%. So don’t cross-post your Twitter posts as it will take you over the optimum 1-2).
2) According to Hubspot, using an automated tool like Hootsuite to create content for Facebook future auto-publishing drops user engagement by 67%! Fortunately, Facebook has added their own option to publish ahead of time.
3) Many people think that all their fans see their posts but Facebook’s Edgerank algorithm makes it actually around 15-20%. Its based on those you’ve interacted most with and the amount of engagement your posts have received (less than 6% of fans typically engage via likes, comments etc.).
4) Of that 15-20%, after 2-3 hours your post no longer shows up in their feeds.
5) Facebook is making it harder and harder for you to effectively engage with fans – unless you pay them.
6) However, some tests have shown that an investment of only $15 in their “Promoted Posts” option can result in 10 times more fans seeing the post.
7) Use Promoted Posts for posts that you feel will get strong engagement – for instance, posts with photos or images get far more sharing (89%) than those with videos or just links (both 4%).
I hope you find this information helpful.