How to Choose Videos, Images and Music for Your Project
Included in our packages is no-charge access to a large library of stock video footage (830,000 videos), images (100 million images) and music tracks (125,000). Here's how to choose them.
- Go to https://www.storyblocks.com/ and choose Video in the top menu
- Use the Search box at the top left to find what you’re looking for. Use various search terms as needed
- Choose Footage, HD, and check Model and Property Released in the left column
- When you find a video that you want to use, left-click on it so that it becomes the only video on the page (note that you will see it in low-res, but when I download it, it will be hi-res - i.e. much better quality)
- Copy the URL at the top of your browser e.g. https://www.videoblocks.com/video/field-irrigation-of-cabbage-4hsppegdlijg2x7yb
- Send the URL(s) to me so that I can find and download the exact video(s) that you have chosen.
- Go to https://depositphotos.com
Use the Search box to find what you’re looking for. Use various search terms as needed.
Left-click the image so that it is highlighted and close the window that comes up asking you to create an account.
Left-click the image again and look at the address at the top of your browser e.g. https://depositphotos.com/stock-photos/office-interior.html?filter=all&qview=5135344
Send the number at the end of the address to me so that I can find, buy and download the exact image(s) that you have chosen. Another way that works is to enter an email and pw and get an account. It's then free to look and see its number, but if you try to download one then they ask you to pay.
Music and Sound Effects:
- Go to https://www.audioblocks.com
- Use the Search box at the top left to find what you’re looking for, or click on Music and choose by Mood, Instruments or Genres
- Mouse over the waveforms and click the Play button to hear them
- When you find one that you like, left-click its name and time (under the waveform) i.e. Live The Moment (02:13)
- At the page it takes you to, copy the URL at the top of your browser i.e. https://www.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/live-the-moment-92972.html
- Send the URL to me so that I can find and download the exact music that you have chosen.
For free photos, here's more resources:
And for free video footage, this is a good collection of sites: